Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Praline French Toast

My family recently had a family reunion in Texas. One morning for breakfast, the girls went to The Magnolia Haus in San Antonio. My sister ordered the Praline French Toast, which I made her half with me because it sounded so amazing. I came home and found a recipe that I think is pretty close to that dish I tried. Not all of my family shares my love of pecans, so I did not combine the pecans and syrup but served them separately.


  • 2 cups corn syrup
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 loaf French Bread
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 cup milk, buttermilk, cream, half and half or a combination
  1. Toast the pecans for 8 minutes (or until fragrant) in a 350 degree oven. 
  2. Heat the corn syrup, sugar, water and butter in a pot over medium high heat and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and pecans.
  3. Heat griddle or non-stick pan to 350 degrees (over medium heat).
  4. In a pie plate, whisk together eggs, and milk until well combined. 
  5. Slice French Bread into 1 1/2" slices. Soak bread slices in egg mixture and place on lightly greased griddle. Cook until browned on both sides.
  6. Serve with Praline Syrup.


1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh my, that looks so good!!! Thanks for sharing! I need your recipe for the cinnamon rolls you brought to Megan too. I've been craving them ever since.